Monday, August 11, 2008

Fear that leads to tradegy

This morning I recieved a phone call as I left the parking lot of my oldest sons High School. The preacher on the phone was seeking help concerning how best to overcome his greatest fear - Stewardship. The whole idea of teaching STEWARDSHIP was causing him to sense a need for some type of therapy or better yet, someone to walk him through the "how to". As I shared with this young Pastor, my compassion grew realizing that he had not been influenced in the area of stewardship like I had been at his age. How many today are moving away from the subject as a whole. How many Pastors today are not able to teach due to their lack of application in their own lives.

Thanksgiving for men like Dr. Bob Eklund, Dr. Jerry falwell, Dr. John Bisgno, Dr. David Hampton and many others flowed through my blood as I tried to pass along what had been shared with me over the years. Stewardship is not something to be feared. Stewardship should be embraced. It is our plumb line with all things pertaining to Christ and our relationship with Him.

Stewardship is more than money. It is the essence of our daily walk with our Lord. We are called to be stewards of all things; earth, gifts, talents, time, and money. I have found that when I embrace STEWARDSHIP in all areas, the power of God is so evident in my life. Freedom is found in the faithful act of being a good steward. Ministry is birthed when stewardship is practiced.

Just yesterday, I had recieved notice of a family struggling due to an illness their son had. On the spur of the moment our church recieved over $1,200 for this family while also giving to meet the budget needs of our ministry. Pastors before me had taught stewardship and the people had learned. Yesterday was just one of hundreds of examples that I could share with you.

As you move into a new week and as you begin your budget process, be sure you embrace personally the practice of STEWARDSHIP! It is not something to fear. However, when it is left alone, one might begin to realize something truely to FEAR!

Have a great week being a FAITHFUL STEWARD!

No comments: