Thursday, June 19, 2008

Intentional Stewardship

Rebate checks are in the mail or flowing into bank accounts as I write this. Many families will be receiving a rather large "gift" and are also trying to decide how to spend it? It got me to thinking when one of my sons asked what we would be doing with our "gift"? I asked him in return what he thought about it. Funny that his first response was a question asked backed to me - how much is it? When I shared what I thought it might be, he immediately had a few ideas. He walked me through his plan and even came down to how much money would be left after the plan was implemented. The I hit him with a shocker - what about the tithe?

Like my son, few people think about being a steward in times like this. Do you? Have you shared with your people this specific thought - don't forget to tithe on your rebates?

Intentional Stewardship is what our people need! We have lost this in our current culture. I have senior adults and parents who would have thought about the tithe immediately. Why do most of our younger people NOT?

We are not intentional when it comes to Stewardship.

Think of some creative ways that you can share with your people how they can teach their children and grandchildren about being intentional in the area of stewardship. They will thank you for it years later!

And that, I can promise you!

No comments: